Well there is no doubt that 2017 Indian Premier League is a successful hit and it entertained the cricket lovers. IPL 10th season has got some outstanding matches and players too. Few young and talented players emerged from the IPL 2017 season. We have witnessed few new pplayers like Rishab pant, Nitish Rana, Basil Thampi and Mohammed Siraj. However in an exciting playoff matches Mumbai Indians and Rising Pune Supergiant.
In an breathtaking final held at Hyderabad, Mumbai Indians defeated RPS with just a single run and that would probably hurt the RPS team and fans in a harsh way! Loosing match with a single run is quite painful. However there were some fantastic cricketers who played to their level best in the IPL 10th season. Mumbai Indians get Rs 15 crore prize money while the runner-ups get Rs 10 crore prize money. let us checkout some of the number records of players in 2017 IPL season.
- Most Valuable player – Ben Stokes
- Orange Cap holder – David warner (Sun risers Hyderabad)
- Purple Cap holder – Bhuvneshwar Kumar (Sun risers Hyderabad)
- Most Sixes in the season – Glenn Maxwell (Punjab)
- Emerging player of the season – Basil Thampi (Gujarath Lions)
- Fastest Fifty (15 balls) – Sunil Narine (KKR)
- Fairplay Award – Gujarat Lions
- 129 runs in the IPL final is the lowest ever total defended in a IPL final match.
- Orange Cap – Gayle (2011 & 2012), David warner (2015 & 2017)
- Purple Cap – Bravo (2013 & 2015), Bhuvneshwar (2016 & 2017)
Teams Winning Orange Cap & Purple cap in a season
- Chennai Super Kings – M Hussey & Bravo
- Sun Risers hyderabad – Warner & Bhuvneshwar
Loosing IPL finals for two different teams
- MS Dhoni (CSK & RPS)
- S Tiwary (MI & RCB)
- Zaheer khan (MI & RCB)
- L Balaji (CSK & KXIP)